Sunday, March 6

Florida Girl

This past January my nephew turned 3 and aunt Neely and Uncle Geoffrey went to Florida to see him. I had the flu - absolute horrible timing - but still, while we were there I was able to go out to a few favorites and this new favorite: The Floridian! 


It's a very cool vibe in downtown St. Augustine, a perfect spot for a date, you can walk to many places for dessert, drinks, or some after dinner dancing. I can't say a whole lot about the food, as everything looked amazing since I was living off of broth and bananas that week but when I did eat, felt bad all over again!

We had the fried green tomato bruchetta which was so-so. Sadly, very over salted and difficult to eat.

My entree was:
'N Grits: Choice of Shrimp, Local Fish or Tofu over grilled stone ground polenta cakes and sauteed veggies, topped with a zesty Citrus Sweet Potato Salsa and Sweet Grass Dairy Goat's cheese
(I chose fish of the day which was flounder) 

Geoffrey had:
Chops: Two all-natural CartWheel Ranch Pork Chops, pan-seared and served over Indian spiced seasonal vegetable mash with a Citrus-beet puree,Cabbage Slaw and veggies du jour

The bar is almost speakeasy style in the back. You must order all of your drinks there, as the front of the building, the restaurant part was too close to several historic churches downtown. It's quirky, it's Fresh and Floridian, and it fits me. I shall see you again, Flo-ri-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment