Friday, July 23

Creamy Earthy Mushroom and Chicken over orzo

I've been a total slacker about updating this food blog. Not because I haven't been cooking. Or taking photos. I have, it's just a process to capture and document and share SO, I apologize. This recipe was one I made back sometime this spring, when it was cold and wet and snowy out. The earthy aromas of the mushrooms and comfort of chicken mixed with cream and thyme and white wine was perfect to lull you out of your winter comma... and then back under the covers for a snuggle! Serve with a nice cold glass of Viognier or a Pinot Nior :) Mmmmm yessss.





Since I don't pretend to come up with these recipes, just seek out the best ones and tweak and share, here's the link to where I found it! This was adapted from a Rachel Ray recipe and I recommend serving over orzo or brown rice, not pasta. Also, I usually don't use the full amount of wine suggested because if you don't cook it off long enough it just tastes like you spilled your wine into your food. I used a little less and turned up the heat after adding to cook off the alcohol. Lower heat before adding cream though, you don't want to curdle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment